Re: handling many matches

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: handling many matches
Date: Sat, 2 May 2020 21:17:57 +0300

On 02.05.2020 20:25, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Other than that, feel free to propose any number of aliases that you
think might make sense.  I promise not to object, just make comments
and speak my opinions about the proposed aliases.

Very good. We should indeed pick and choose. And we've already done a lot of that in another thread.

Yes, because that use case shouldn't be served by completion, IMO.  If
someone wants a complete list of APIs, we should present the list of
APIs.  Completion is for_using_  one of the candidates, not about
looking through the entire list.

It's about finding it, though. The best one for one's purpose.

We don't have ideal options anyway: the manual is verbose, you have to skip a lot of text, and it doesn't cover *all* the functions available, just the basics defined in the core library.

Apropos is exhaustive, but unsorted.