Re: handling many matches

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: handling many matches
Date: Sat, 2 May 2020 16:26:54 +0300

On 02.05.2020 09:29, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
IMNSHO, we should first develop the infrastructure for such "smart"
presentation of completion candidates and make it our default
completion strategy,

How would that look, in your opinion?

and only after that consider changes, like the
proposed "namespacing" of APIs, that will allow users to use
completion as a substitute for Help commands.

Namespacing of APIs is a step that should help the users with the current default completion strategy.

It is IMO a bad idea to
flood the completion lists with many dozens of candidates and force
users to wade through them.  I certainly wouldn't call that "progress"
for Emacs.

Is that what fido-mode does? People seem to like it.