Re: master c59e878: Inhibit modification hooks when saving eieio-persist

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: master c59e878: Inhibit modification hooks when saving eieio-persistent's
Date: Sat, 02 May 2020 09:32:24 -0400

> I'm curious what the objection is -- why would we *want* modification
> hooks to run when writing an eieio object out to file?

Do you know what modification hooks are used for?
I know some uses, but not all.  So it's pretty hard to convince myself
that there really can't be any good reason why someone might want those
hooks to be run.

More importantly, `inhibit-modification-hooks` is bound here globally,
so it will affect behavior of Emacs not just in that temp buffer if some
code happens to modify other buffers during execution of this code.
That can be *anything* when you debug the code or when you run
a sufficiently interesting `object-write` method.

        Stefan