Re: master 43fded1: Add lisp-data-mode for editing non-code Lisp data

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: master 43fded1: Add lisp-data-mode for editing non-code Lisp data
Date: Sat, 2 May 2020 11:45:33 +0100

On Sat, May 2, 2020 at 11:32 AM Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:

> Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> It is not a problem reading the file in Tramp code; Tramp uses already
> `insert-file-contents-literally`. The problem is rather when you want to
> visit the file interactively in a buffer.

I think what Stefan is saying is that the probability that you are going
to use Emacs <28 to visit a file produced by Emacs 28 is low.  And the
adverse effects are an error message that I personally could live with
on those (presumably rare) occasions.
FWIW I think of lisp-data-mode as most useful in non-Emacs produced
files (i.e. complex data files produced by Lisp-y applications).

Anyway, haven't reverted it yet, but have no problem in doing so.
And won't mind if you beat me to it.

João