Re: [ELPA] New package: transient

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: transient
Date: Fri, 01 May 2020 14:03:38 -0400

>>  things (e.g. add a `list` package where all the list functions get
>> a new name using the `list` prefix, or add a `process` package were
>> all the process related primitives are given a "process-"prefix,
>> ...).
> Ok to the others, but please don't add a `list` package. It will make the
> Lisp gods cry. I don't have any better arguments :)

FWIW, I also think `list` above was a poor choice of example (not only
because of the baggage of history, but also because Lisp's lists are
really just a generic low-level data structure used for all kinds of
things besides actual lists, so it's the typical example where
a classification can't be satisfactory).

`process` is much more likely to lead to a good solution.

        Stefan