Re: Namespacing Emacs's core (was: [ELPA] New package: transient)

From: Philippe Vaucher
Subject: Re: Namespacing Emacs's core (was: [ELPA] New package: transient)
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 20:23:39 +0200

Just to be clear: while I am in favor of considering some renaming to
improve the regularity of our names (among other reasons), I have no
intention to rename the world and especially not core Lisp elements like
car/cdr (e.g. I find Common Lisp's `first` to be worthless (`car`
returns the first element when applied to a list, but cons cells are
used for more than lists, and if you want to get the first element of
a list, `nth 0` works just as well)).

And before people start putting words in my mouth, neither am I.

I'll happily explore the idea tho, because it's fun to find the limits of a concept.

Philippe