Re: [ELPA] New package: transient

From: Philippe Vaucher
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: transient
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 11:50:08 +0200

> Overall I think it's a shame that the Emacs api wasn't designed with discoverability/consistency in mind

Would you mind elaborate on this deficiency?  I don't think I quite
understand the complaint.

It's hard to really criticize because Emacs was designed ages ago.

My point is simply this one: when I look at https://github.com/magnars/dash.elhttps://github.com/NicolasPetton/seq.el or https://github.com/magnars/s.el I can immediately understand how the library works and how to achieve things. I can also easily use `C-h f` to find about the function I want.

In Emacs, parts of it are designed following the same principle, but a lot of it isn't:
Kind regards,
Philippe