Re: [ELPA] New package: transient

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: transient
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 22:28:57 -0400

  > > I think "C-h d alist RET" is your friend.
  > >

  > To further illustrate my point, this doesn't lists `assq` or `assoc`, both
  > functions being indispensable when using alists.

We can fix that easily enough.  We just have to add some use of the
pertinent keywords to the doc strings of functions that need such
help.  For instance, make sure that "alist" appears in the doc strings
of 'assq' and 'assoc'.

The hardest part would be noticing which functions could use this help.

The massive renamings that some have proposed would not only be
drastic and atrocious.  They would also be a lot more work than this
easy solution.

--
Dr Richard Stallman