Re: High-res Customize icons

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: High-res Customize icons
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 17:38:34 +0300

> From: Robert Pluim <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 15:55:33 +0200
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
>     Richard> It would not be hard to mark a font to be ignored
>     Richard> in ordinary font selection -- and do something special
>     Richard> to choose that font for an icon.
>
> The first half of that already exists:
>
>     face-ignored-fonts is a variable defined in `C source code'.
>     Its value is nil

This variable is not for the kind of tricks we were discussing here.
The variable exists to allow users tell Emacs not to use specific
fonts for _anything_, on account of them being ugly or inappropriate,
or maybe because they crash Emacs.  The fonts mentioned there will not
be selected for any codepoint, AFAIU.