Re: emacs for pure Gtk3

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: emacs for pure Gtk3
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 10:32:56 +0200

> That was fixed.  Would you retry?

It's fixed, indeed.  Some random issues I've found are below.  Please
ask me further details, I did not delve too deeply into this so far.

A few trivial warnings I've seen while building:

../../lisp/term/pgtk-win.el:7:13: Warning: ‘invocation-name’ is an obsolete
    function (as of 27.1); use the variable of the same name.
../../lisp/term/pgtk-win.el:111:1: Warning: Alias for
    ‘pgtk-alternate-modifier’ should be declared before its referent
../../lisp/term/pgtk-win.el:112:1: Warning: Alias for
    ‘pgtk-right-alternate-modifier’ should be declared before its referent
../../lisp/term/pgtk-win.el:309:32: Warning: ‘invocation-name’ is an obsolete
    function (as of 27.1); use the variable of the same name.

../../lisp/server.el:871:1: Warning: Unused lexical variable ‘x’

When running an uninstalled "GdkX11Display" Emacs:

(1) The standard Emacs icon apparently does not get produced (at least
not for the task bar entry).

(2) Instead of the Emacs-Lisp menu entry I get an empty Lisp-Interaction
menu initially.  It eventually changes its name to Emacs-Lisp but remains
empty.  After a while it apparently fixes itself auto-magically.

(3) When starting Emacs maximized I cannot put the Emacs window back to
its "normal" size (neither via the squares in the title bar nor by
toggling the maximized state).  Things work when I start Emacs with a
normal size window.

The most important thing for me, at the moment, seems to convert your new
code to GNU style before putting it into an Emacs branch.  I suppose GNU
indent should handle that but I never used it ...

Many thanks for all the work, martin