Re: icomplete-vertical in child frame

From: Protesilaos Stavrou
Subject: Re: icomplete-vertical in child frame
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 08:27:45 +0300

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> [2020-04-28, 03:51 +0300]:

> On 27.04.2020 22:10, Protesilaos Stavrou wrote:
>> The child frame combination looks promising!  Have you considered
>> reporting your issue to the icomplete-vertical developer?
>
> I didn't, so far. But the author is psychic apparently, since he fixed
> this very problem today:
> https://github.com/oantolin/icomplete-vertical/commit/f737bc8117326469a15747ed53f43d39eba2a9dc

News travel fast!

The dev of icomplete-vertical also maintains another useful package that
offers out-of-order completion:

https://github.com/oantolin/orderless

It works well with icomplete.

>> I volunteer to do some testing, if necessary.
>
> Testing, reporting bugs, and urging the author of maple-minibuffer to
> publish to ELPA (or at least MELPA) would all help.

I will start using maple-minibuffer today and try to contribute as best
I can.

--
Protesilaos Stavrou
protesilaos.com