Re: master 8f0f851: * lisp/autoarg.el: Use lexical binding.

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: master 8f0f851: * lisp/autoarg.el: Use lexical binding.
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 04:14:38 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> > Is this just an implementation artifact
>
> It's mostly an implementation artifact, but one which I think happens
> to be good.

The bad thing is that most people don't understand why that happens and
are just confused and wasting time.

Since RESULT is deprecated anyway, and there were no strong opinions
against that, I would like to turn that warning into a warning that
always happens when you use RESULT saying "warning: argument RESULT in
dotimes is deprecated" or so.

The only other reasonable alternative I see is to fix the warning.  What
we now have shouldn't be the end state.

FWIW, personally I never liked that RESULT argument, I find it odd no
matter if it depends on the iteration var or not.

Michael.