Re: Why mouse-1/2/3 ?

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Why mouse-1/2/3 ?
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 13:31:41 +0200

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 11:23:47AM +0000, ndame wrote:
> > Like a friend of mine said the other day: "why do the people have to speak
> > constantly English and don't speak German, as everyone else does?" :-)
>
> Yep. It's like saying Emacs doesn't need to adapt, if someone wants to use it
> then learn the emacs terminology.

If you want Emacs to adapt in this point, it's on you to convince Emacs people
that this change is important.

You haven't managed to convince me, at least (I'm not an important "Emacs
people", just a happy user, mind you). Mentioning the alternative spellings
in the documentation and in the help, yes, by all means. But changing the
names in the code... not for me, at least.

There are far more important usability tasks, in my view.

Cheers
-- tomás