Re: Why are so many great packages not trying to get included in GNU Ema

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Why are so many great packages not trying to get included in GNU Emacs?
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 00:08:15 -0400

> I've been told that some repo sites do it another way, where they
> pull the patch into a branch in the site.  That way has problems.

I don't know of any system that uses "plain branches" for that.

I believe you've been misled by the fact that many systems represent PRs
*technically* as "branches", but those branches do not appear as regular
branches, so you can't bump into it thinking it's actually
a legitimate branch: you will only find it if you're looking for
a pull request, with no possibility of confusion.

        Stefan