Re: GDI+ take 3

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: GDI+ take 3
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 17:00:30 +0300

> From: Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 15:40:49 +0200
> Cc: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <address@hidden>, address@hidden,
>       Emacs developers <address@hidden>
>
> Builds and runs ok here.  (MSYS2 build, Windows 10.)

Thanks for testing.

Could you perhaps step with a debugger through w32_select_active_frame
and see if this call:

   status = GdipImageGetFrameCount (pBitmap, &pDimensionIDs[0], &frameCount);

returns a value of 'status' that is something other than 'Ok'?  It
returns Win32Error here, for some reason.  If it does return
Win32Error for you as well, what does this show if you type it in GDB
immediately after the call:

  (gdb) p w32_last_error ()

Here it shows zero, which is... not helpful :-(

> BTW, NEWS says
>
>   This support is enabled
>   with --with-native-image-api, which automatically disables the use of
>   optional third party libraries for those formats.
>
> but I think it is enabled by default if supported on the build environment,
> isn't it?

Right, and "./configure --help" also had it backwards.  Fixed, thanks.