Re: Common Lisp in Emacs (lisp-mode, font-lock, SLIME, SLY, ...)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Common Lisp in Emacs (lisp-mode, font-lock, SLIME, SLY, ...)
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 22:58:07 -0400

You seem to be taking offense, and I don't understand why.
Can you help me understand?

I didn't mean any offense.

  > As a side point: A big amount of people consider GIMP as derogatory
  > (and its name actively harms its reputation),

Sorry, I don't follow.  What is derogatory about "gimp"?  I understand
it to mean a person who walks a little unevenly, perhaps due to a
long-ago leg injury.

                                                  but GNU is refusing to
  > rename it.

The GNU Project can't "rename" a GNU package just by saying so.
It would be the wrong way to treat the GIMP developers.  It would
be the wrong way to treat you, too.

I suggest we all reread the GNU Kind Communications Guidelines and
think about how they might apply to this conversation.  They help us
avoid hurting each other's feelings.

--
Dr Richard Stallman