Re: Common Lisp in Emacs (lisp-mode, font-lock, SLIME, SLY, ...)

From: 조성빈
Subject: Re: Common Lisp in Emacs (lisp-mode, font-lock, SLIME, SLY, ...)
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 11:24:56 +0900

Richard Stallman <address@hidden> 작성:

Maybe we could rename Emacs to iMacs at the same time to make it more
contemporary.

I think you are joking, but I was being serious.  If you're proud
of your work, and you consider it useful, how about putting on
a name that isn't derogatory?

I’m not the original dev, but I fail to see why SLIME is ‘derogatory’.
Also, SLIME has existed since 2003 (and is very popular) - arbitrarily
changing names will only confuse the users.

As a side point: A big amount of people consider GIMP as derogatory
(and it's name actively harms it’s reputation), but GNU is refusing to
rename it. Maybe instead of SLIME, renaming GIMP might be more useful?

--
Dr Richard Stallman