Re: defvar without value

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: defvar without value
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 01:34:53 +0200

Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> Ah - ok, this has already been added. Eh - why again
>> is there only `dlet' expanding `let*' and no
>> parallel version?
>
> In my experience it's very rare to need the
> "parallel" version.

You mean in this (dynamic) case, or never?

The supposedly parallel version isn't needed in my
experience if there is `let*', which there is, _but_ the
minimalist attitude of programming will make it look
wierd - hey, why is let* here, when there is no
dependent binding?

Maybe `let' will truly be parallel one day and then all
old software keeping a strict division between let and
let* will be rewarded :)

BOOM ... and they are just gone

--
underground experts united