Re: Scrolling commands and skipping redisplay, was: Re: emacs rendering

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Scrolling commands and skipping redisplay, was: Re: emacs rendering comparisson between emacs23 and emacs26.3
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 00:50:54 +0300

On 09.04.2020 22:46, Stefan Monnier wrote:
Making (setq jit-lock-defer-time 0) check input-pending-p was
a quick hack.  It worked well enough to be useful.

I agree that it would be good to provide something better, which works
harder at trying to make sure that jit-lock is skipped iff redisplay is
skipped.

Considering the predicate is composite, its result changes over time, and jit-lock and redisplay happen not exactly at the same time, it seems difficult.

The approach taken by f-b-i-s originally seems easier to "make right". Not necessarily exactly like in my last patch, but maybe in that exact place in the code.