inspired by discussion on tree-sitter and font-lock speed

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: inspired by discussion on tree-sitter and font-lock speed
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2020 06:55:14 -0800

The recent discussion on tree-sitter and font-lock speed has kept me
thinking about how to make ada-mode better. This morning (literally in
the shower :) I had an idea; use a different, faster, error correction
algorithm when parsing for font-lock.

In wisi, a parse is done for one of three purposes; font-lock, indent,
or navigate. For font-lock, error correction is less critical than for
the other two; a wrong or missing face is less noticable than bad indent
or navigation,

I can adapt the current error correction algorithm to be faster but less
robust, with the choice made at run-time. I'll work on that after I
finish writing up the current algorithm.

--
-- Stephe