[native-comp] Small, new bug with macros?

From: Adam Porter
Subject: [native-comp] Small, new bug with macros?
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2020 09:01:53 -0500

Hi Andrea,

I've been testing the latest Docker image with the deferred
compilation.  I noticed what may be a small, new bug.  To reproduce,
you could use this code:

  (setq package-archives '(("gnu" . "https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/";)
                           ("melpa" . "https://melpa.org/packages/";)))

  (package-initialize)

  (package-install 'quelpa-use-package)

  (use-package bufler
    :quelpa
    (bufler :fetcher github :repo "alphapapa/bufler.el"
            :files (:defaults (:exclude "helm-bufler.el"))))

In the *Async-native-compile-log* buffer, I see:

  Compiling
/home/me/tmp/src/emacs/native-comp/.emacs.d/elpa/bufler-20200405.1230/bufler.el...
  Symbol's function definition is void: bufler-defauto-group

bufler-defauto-group is a macro, not a function, and it is defined
before it is called, so I don't understand why the error is happening.
The package loads and works fine in its byte-compiled form, and the
error didn't happen when I was using an earlier Docker image from a
few weeks ago.

Thanks,
Adam