Re: Emacs's set-frame-size can not work well with gnome-shell?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs's set-frame-size can not work well with gnome-shell?
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2020 14:09:05 +0300

> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 19:04:11 +0200
> Cc: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
>
> OK.  Eli, I would like to install the attached patch for Emacs 27.

I'm sorry, I'm really at a loss regarding this jumbo changeset.  Why
exactly does it have to be in Emacs 27?  Child frames were introduced
in Emacs 26, not Emacs 27.

> All changes affect the resizing and moving of child frames only,
> normal frames are not affected.

You say that, and I believe you actually meant that, but the code
changes many functions that do affect normal frames, AFAICT.  I don't
see how can we be sure normal frames are not affected.  If you have a
way of showing that convincingly, I'm all ears.

Thanks.