Re: Optional support for GDI+ on Windows (emacs-28)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Optional support for GDI+ on Windows (emacs-28)
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2020 16:31:17 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 15:37:18 -0400
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden

> >> Why bother?
> > Because I requested it.
>
> I understand this part, but really there's a good chance this is
> wasted effort.  The NS port didn't have to jump through those hoops to
> get its code accepted.

I didn't request anything that could be qualified as jumping through
hoops.  This is our standard implementation paradigm for optional
features on MS-Windows, you can see it all over the place in w32*.c
files.  Convenience macros are available to make coding this
more-or-less copy-pasting from some other similar feature.