Re: On elisp running native

From: Andrea Corallo
Subject: Re: On elisp running native
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2020 20:30:18 +0000

Paul Eggert <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2/4/20 10:39 AM, Andrea Corallo wrote:
>> they are not run into the debugger so there's no line number (even if
>> bootstrap-emacs has debug symbols).
>
> If you have debug symbols you can get more info via addr2line as
> described here:
>
> https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Crashing.html
>
> Running under a debugger is better, though.

Thanks both for the suggestion.  I knew about addr2line but never
thought about using it with sed to convert backtraces! (also this signal
I should read more the manual).

I don't have that executable anymore but this will be certainly useful.

Certainly know already but alternatively just compiling with -rdynamic
in the CFLAGS we can have glibc decoding and printing the backtrace all
by himself.

  Andrea

--
address@hidden