Re: master 5aa6a15: Treat the "Link" link in gnus-summary-browse-urls sp

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: master 5aa6a15: Treat the "Link" link in gnus-summary-browse-urls specially
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 10:13:15 -0700

Sam Steingold <address@hidden> writes:

>> * Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> [2019-07-23 20:14:09 -0700]:
>>
>> I don't know why "Link" as link text should be treated specially --
>
> Because in newsgroups that stem from reddit and slashdot, the web source
> of the article is marked as "link" as opposed to all  the  other links
> that may appear in the article.

This seems like one of those conveniences that will be just as
inconvenient to some as it is convenient to others. I use this for
opening Hacker News links via Gwene, where I only ever open "Comment",
not "Link", so now it does exactly the wrong thing.

>> now if any of the urls are called "Link" I have to delete the text.
>
> If "C-a C-k" is too much, I can make "Link" customizable and you will
> just set it to nil. Or, if you prefer, I will set it to "Link".

I think a customization option is a fine idea, but it's impossible to
guess what any given user is going to want from it.

Thanks,
Eric