Re: Towards a cleaner build

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: Towards a cleaner build
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 16:43:48 -0400

On Tue, 28 May 2019 at 11:11, Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> wrote:

> +(defmacro with-suppressed-warnings (warnings &rest body)
> +  "Like `progn', but prevents compiler warnings in the body."

Not quite like progn, since WARNINGS (is that WARNINGS or WARNING, by
the way?) is not evaluated.

> +  (declare (indent 1))

A debug spec would be a good thing to have.

> +  ;; The implementation for the interpreter is basically trivial.
> +  `(with-suppressed-warnings-1 ',warnings (progn ,@body)))

A comment here on why we need both a function and macro would be
useful (or is it possible to have this work with just a macro?)

> +(defun with-suppressed-warnings-1 (_ &rest body)
> +  "Like `progn', but prevents compiler warnings in the body."
> +  (declare (indent 1))

This should be called internal--with-suppressed-warnings-1, and the
(declare (indent 1)) thing left out, since nobody should be calling
this function directly anyway, right?