Re: Adding problems to an existing bug report, was: Re: bug#23179: 25.0.

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Adding problems to an existing bug report, was: Re: bug#23179: 25.0.92; Restore `M-,' to continue etags search
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 14:07:21 +0300

On 30.04.2019 18:37, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Does anyone know how to use that to browse some GitLab issue, e.g. the
one posted by Toon?  I tried to do that, but got only error messages.
I suspect that I didn't understand how to use the package.

Unfortunately, no. It looks pretty broken. I got to the list of issues on our EMBA Gitlab installation, but the available features are pretty bare (reading the comments doesn't work after all). And the same scenario didn't work for gitlab.com because one of the steps is "browse all projects". This seems to lead to a timeout. All in all, I wouldn't recommend this project in its current state.

People have previously recommended Forge, and I'm looking into it, but it's tied to Magit, and the workflow is such that you first check out the repository locally, they you set up its "forge" from the Magit UI, and then you can interact with it.

It's supposedly quite functional, but visiting a random issue on Gitlab is not that easy to do.