Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 16:36:58 +0200

On 22.03.2019 12:16, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

You don't need to be subscribed to bug-gnu-emacs mailing list
(although if you are interested in helping the development, I would
recommend subscribing).  You can instead point your Web browser to
https://debbugs.gnu.org/ and use the various filtering options there.
Or you could use the debbugs package in ELPA to do that.

Should I add some examples of how more modern bug trackers make it easier and more enticing for a random person to contribute?

Finally, being subscribed to the bug list doesn't mean you should feel
obligated to respond to reports where you have nothing useful to say.
You can respond only to messages of your choice, and disregard the
rest.

For one thing, if you're not subscribed to the list, replying to a particular message is more difficult (you have to copy the subject and the addresses), and the result will break out of an existing thread for everybody involved.