Re: Adding fake cursors when resizing a window.

From: Keith David Bershatsky
Subject: Re: Adding fake cursors when resizing a window.
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 21:32:43 -0700

Thank you, Eli, for helping me to understand that the issue arises because the
scroll-bars are added/removed by calling window-system functions that are
platform specific.

As to w32term.c, I tentatively resolved the issue in
w32_set_vertical_scroll_bar by preventing MoveWindow from repainting the
old/new scroll bar when enlarging the main window.  However, I only tested a
2-window left/right split.  I see that the current version of w32term.c uses
SetWindowPos instead of MoveWindow.  I have not yet done any testing with
altering the last argument to SetWindowPos (i.e., uFlags) to see if it is
possible to prevent painting the old scroll bar when enlarging the main window.
 [Draft patch proof concept attached.]

As to nsterm.m, I tentatively resolved the issue in ns_set_vertical_scroll_bar
by destroying the scroll bar and preventing repaint with an Apple function
called removeFromSuperviewWithoutNeedingDisplay, and then creating a new scroll
bar.  [Draft patch proof concept attached.]