Re: face-remapping-alist can not override internal-border face?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: face-remapping-alist can not override internal-border face?
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2019 19:52:44 +0100

> Sorry, I do not understand this,  does this mean: test is inherited to
default face,
> so internal-border is remapped to default instead of test? but the below code
> seem to not work too:
>
> (defface test
>    '((:background "green"))
>    "Face used by the ivy-posframe."
>    :group 'ivy-posframe)
>
> (setq face-remapping-alist '((internal-border . test)))
>
> (make-frame '((internal-border-width . 100)))
>
> (redraw-display)

In a package I wrote I added a separate 'defcustom' to let users
specify the background of the internal border like

(defcustom my-internal-border "blue"
  "Background of internal border."
  :type 'string
  ...)

and later use

(set-face-background 'internal-border my-internal-border ...)

to put that into effect.  I don't recall whether I then conducted
special experiments as to whether other solutions would work but
faintly recall that the face of the internal border is special in a
way.

martin