Re: Current master does not work with sr-speedbar package (W64 build)

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Current master does not work with sr-speedbar package (W64 build)
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2018 01:54:50 +0100 (CET)

> Il 6 dicembre 2018 alle 1.12 Angelo Graziosi <address@hidden> ha scritto:
>
> > > I start to think my Windows build was corrupted in some manner.. I will
> > > try a new build just to see if this fixes this annoying issue.
> >
> > Indeed the new build works as expected! So something went wrong in the
> > previous build.. Sorry for the noise...
>
> Spoken too soon.. when I remove the c:/msys64/tmp/emacs-master build tree the
> issues came back...

I think the Windows build has defects which you do not see if you use Emacs
from its build directory.

I build from emacs-master.tar.gz. After

cd emacs-master
./autogen.sh

./configure --prefix="/c/LocalApps/Emacs" \
         --build=x86_64-w64-mingw32 \
         --without-imagemagick \
         --without-dbus \
         --without-pop \
         --with-modules

make -j 3
make DESTDIR=/tmp/emacs-master/inst install

I create a tar-ball

cd /tmp/emacs-master/inst/c/LocalApps
tar -caf Emacs-bin.tar.gz Emacs

and install it as

tar -xvof Emacs-bin.tar.gz -C /c/LocalApps

I have uninstalled the sr-speedbar and tried to reinstall it, but this fails
because Emacs tries to set permission to c:/msys64/tmp/src which, usually, does
not exist. Some change in the last month caused this. Maybe , if I have time, I
will try to bisect this to know when it occurred.

Good night,
 Angelo.