Re: Current master does not work with sr-speedbar package (W64 build)

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Current master does not work with sr-speedbar package (W64 build)
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2018 00:07:27 +0100 (CET)

> Il 5 dicembre 2018 alle 19.34 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> ha scritto:

> Can you explain why you need the above ad-deactivate?
>
> > ;;(add-hook 'emacs-startup-hook 'start-sr-speedbar) ; the old way
> > (add-hook 'window-setup-hook 'start-sr-speedbar)
>
> And why do you start sr-speedbar from window-setup-hook?

OK, I have renounced to start sr-speedbar with Emacs and created this simple
init.el initialization file:

$ cat init.el
(require 'sr-speedbar)

;; Setup sr-speedbar
(setq sr-speedbar-default-width 30)
(setq sr-speedbar-width 30)
(setq sr-speedbar-max-width 30)
(setq sr-speedbar-auto-refresh t)

with it, Emacs starts with *GNU Emacs* buffer and minibuffer has "For
information....", as it is expected...

...but if now I open the sr-speedbar window:

  M-x sr-speedbar-open

I get the same BAD behavior... and the minibuffer shows "Opening directory: No
such file or directory, c:/msys64/tmp/emacs-master/src/"!

WHY it refers to its build directory???

Why all this occurs with the Windows build? I have built the same
emacs-master.tar.gz source on GNU/Linux and macOS and there all works fine. On
these systems I use the same method to start sr-speedbar (almost the same
init.el). I start to think my Windows build was corrupted in some manner.. I
will try a new build just to see if this fixes this annoying issue.

Thanks,
 Angelo.