Re: Replace trivial pcase occurrences in the Emacs sources

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Replace trivial pcase occurrences in the Emacs sources
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2018 17:44:57 -0400

> pcase-lambda, pcase-let, pcase-let*, and pcase-dolist still have no
> meaningful documentation,

Not sure what kind of documentation would be more meaningful, sorry.
Do you happen to have concrete questions about them which aren't answered
by their docstrings?

> Pattern matching is a useful facility, but pcase is woefully hard to use
> correctly, as the existing (mis-)usage shows.

I obviously can't judge fairly how hard it is to use, but I don't find
any of the examples posted here as evidence of problematic use and even
less misuse (they look perfectly correct to me).

Could you clarify what you find problematic in those uses?

        Stefan