Re: Submitting patches: need I do more than send them to the bug tracker

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: Submitting patches: need I do more than send them to the bug tracker?
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2018 18:24:18 -0400

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 at 10:15, Daniel Pittman <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have a couple of patches in the bug tracker at the moment, one feature, and
> one bug fix, which have attracted no response.  In the former case it has
> been five days, which I had assumed would be enough time to get some sort of
> response.
>
> Now, I'm not asking for special treatment, or someone to rush and review the
> code, but rather, to ensure that I have done all the right things to get this
> into the queue for Emacs.  I'd rather ask than miss something.

If you don't get a response to a patch, sending a short message to
make sure it hasn't gotten lost like you've done is the right thing to
do. I would generally say to wait a full week.

> The two tickets in question are:
>
> Feature added to emacsclient, five days old:
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=33095
>
> Bug fix for `vc-hg-find-file-hook', one day old:
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=33129
>
> Again, if getting them there is all that was needed, great, and I'm happy for
> them to be reviewed at whatever schedule suits you best.

I see Eli has by now applied the first one; the second looks
reasonable, though not being an hg user, I'd hesitate to apply it
myself.