Re: Add a commit hash (first 6 chars) column to cgit webpage?

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: Add a commit hash (first 6 chars) column to cgit webpage?
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 00:49:36 +0700

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 11:52 PM Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> wrote:

> I recently noticed that this Greasemonkey script has stopped working
> (the Hash commit doesn't get auto-inserted). I made a failed attempt
> at understanding the script and fixing it.
>
> Probably something changed in the cgit web format and hopefully this
> is an easy fix for you.

Still works for me with Firefox 62 and Violentmonkey 2.9.7. (I
migrated to Violentmonkey during the Firefox 57 Time of Troubles, when
Greasemonkey was not yet ported to the WebExtension API.)

I can offer a few debugging suggestions:

* See if your Greasemonkey is up-to-date.

* See if the script runs. To do that, add a “console.log('foo')” at
the top and save the script. Switch to the cgit tab, open the web
developer toolbox with C-S-i or F12, and switch to the Console tab.
Reload the page. You should see the “foo” line appear in the log.

* If the script does not run, see if the URL you are visiting matches
the @include directive in the script. You might have started accessing
Savannah cgit over HTTPS; if that’s the case, add another @include
line with an https URL pattern.

* If the script runs, use your debugging skills to find where it
fails, by adding console.log calls at key points. It’s no more
difficult than bisecting an Emacs init :) (Except that instead of
asking Emacs for docstrings you google for “site:developer.mozilla.org
Array.prototype.forEach”.)