Re: Documenting buffer display

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Documenting buffer display
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2018 20:02:47 +0200

> Being able to simply bind an option such as `pop-up-frames',
> to change the behavior of existing code, is very useful.

If it overrides a user's customization then that's not useful but bad.

> Please keep supporting, and not at all discourage, `pop-up-frames'
> and similar.

We do our best to support them in present code.  We have to discourage
their use because there's no guarantee that future code will support
them.

Have you read what I wrote about 'pop-up-frame-alist'?  Already now
there's no guarantee that we can maintain these old options properly.
And I never tried to probe very deep in this area.

martin