Edebug, with Elisp source in different frame - Edebug doesn't select the

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Edebug, with Elisp source in different frame - Edebug doesn't select the source window.
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 14:22:26 +0000

Hello, Emacs.

Before I submit a bug report for this, I wonder if I'm doing something
silly.

In a GUI Emacs (26.1 or master), instrument a function for edebug with
C-u C-M-x in frame F1.  From a different frame, F2, cause this function
to be called, thus entering edebug.  F2 is still selected.  Surely edebug
should have selected F1?

Note that in a text terminal, F1 gets selected as expected.  (Normally I
run Emacs in a text terminal.)

Does anybody have any ideas why this is happening to me in a GUI
environment?  Do other people see the same?  Why has nobody else
submitted a bug report for this?  Anything else?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).