Re: Tramp and fixnum

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Tramp and fixnum
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 16:33:03 +0200

Hi Paul,

>>> It still does for older Emacsen. But maybe I'll write compatibility
>>> functions like the other ones in tramp-compat.el. Using floats in
>>> file-attributes shall be reduced to Emacs versions they still need.
>>
>> Please give the latest master a try, since its file-attributes now
>> generates bignums instead of floats when the file attribute integers
>> don't fix into fixnums.
>
> Will do next days.

This was more simple as expected. Tramp supports Emacsen 24+, and all of
them convert integer to floats automatically when needed. So I could get
rid of the "e0" hack.

And for the inode number conversion, I check whether function `bignump'
is available. If yes, I don't convert.

See commit adcf904b3a.

Best regards, Michael.