Re: GTK interface modification

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: GTK interface modification
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 10:09:53 +0200

> What I'd like to do is put a one or two pixel border (of whatever
> color I configure, naturally) around the outer edge of the window,
> to indicate that the window is selected.

It won't be easy.  First you will have to decide whether that border
should go away when the window is deselected or you just want to
change its appearance.  I'd choose the latter because you only have to
redraw the border when a window gets (de-)selected and not the rest of
the window.

Then you have to make sure that the position and size of the window's
text area are calculated correctly.  Hence window_text_bottom_y and
the window_box functions in xdisp.c have to be modified accordingly.

And finally you have to actually redraw the border when a window gets
(de-)selected, the appropriate moments given by the mode-line code.

BTW, there's no sense to make this GTK specific.  Drawing windows is
handled by Emacs itself with some toolkit support for the scroll bars.

Good luck, martin