Re: Regarding adding additional default font-lock faces

From: Jostein Kjønigsen
Subject: Re: Regarding adding additional default font-lock faces
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2018 13:04:23 +0200

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018, at 1:53 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
Which is fine. But can't we have a defface for this whose default
value is nil?
Of course.

OK. Sounds good.

In which case... Where do I start?

Do I just start hacking at lisp/font-lock.el and send in patches, or should we discuss which faces would be useful to add first?

Personally I see at least a need for:

Are there any other nice-to-have default faces anyone can think of?

Besides the actual LISP-code itself... What's the process for documenting such changes? What other "house-keeping" needs to go with such a code-change?

Let me know, and I'll try to get it done.

--
Regards
Jostein Kjønigsen