RE: Introducing thread-safe Tramp

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Introducing thread-safe Tramp
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2018 09:23:25 -0700 (PDT)

> >       If non-nil, the current command should run asynchronously.
> >   This variable has effect only when commands are invoked interactively.
>
> Sounds good. If nobody comes with a better proposal until tomorrow, I'll
> apply this.

  Non-nil means a command invoked interactively can run asynchronously, if the
command allows it.

But that's too long, so maybe:

  Non-nil means a command invoked interactively can run asynchronously.
  It is run asynchronously only if the command also allows that.

This doc string shouldn't talk about "current" command. And it shouldn't say
"should". It should just say that when this variable is non-nil and a command
is invoked interactively, the command can be run asynchronously if it wants to.