Re: bignum branch

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: bignum branch
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2018 18:41:27 -0600

>>>>> "Andy" == Andy Moreton <address@hidden> writes:

Andy> ok, then maybe XINTEGER would still be useful.
Andy> On the bignum branch that code would now be:
Andy>     if (FIXNATP (foo))
Andy>       x = XFASTINT (foo);
Andy> Perhaps XFASTINT should be renamed XFIXNAT to be consistent.

It's easy to do these kinds of renamings, since it's just a simple
"sed -i".

So, if Eli or Paul can let me know what they want, I can do it.

The main difficulty with these things is that they make the merges more
complicated.  One idea to simplify this would be to start a new branch
just before the merge to trunk, do the renamings there, then cherry-pick
the rest of the patches off the current branch.  Other ways might also
not be too hard; I suppose it depends on what kind of merges are
considered ok in Emacs development (I don't know).

As far as I know the branch is ready.  I have two uncommitted patches:
one for dumping (just sent) and one to use mpz_import (that I can't
test).  The second one seems like a minor improvement and could probably
be dropped.

Tom