Re: New warnings on emacs-26 branch with gcc 8.2.0

From: Andy Moreton
Subject: Re: New warnings on emacs-26 branch with gcc 8.2.0
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2018 22:36:49 +0100

On Mon 06 Aug 2018, Paul Eggert wrote:

> Andy Moreton wrote:
>> Why does it need to check every gcc warning though, rather than just the
>> -W* and -Wno-* warnings that have been requested in the configury ?
>
> Sorry, I don't remember. However, if you'd like to dig through this and
> suggest specific improvements, I'm sure we'll be all ears. Nobody likes how
> long this stuff takes.

I was hoping you could provide more background, as you are are shown as
the most recent committer of almost every line of configure.ac related
to warnings.

Is this problem arising from use of the gnulib manywarnings module ? If
so, why do we use it and not the simpler gnuslib warnings module ?

    AndyM