Re: Introducing thread-safe Tramp

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Introducing thread-safe Tramp
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2018 19:58:09 +0300

> From: Michael Albinus <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2018 18:18:06 +0200
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >> OK, But I also miss a better name for the `find-file-asynchronously'
> >> user option.
> >
> > execute-command-asynchronously?
>
> Sounds too general to me, because it is about *file* visiting and saving.
>
> execute-file-command-asynchronously?

But I _wanted_ it to be general, far beyond just file-related
commands.  I though that was what was being discussed: to have a
convenient way of running a command, any command that supported it,
asynchronously.  Was I mistaken?

In any case, why should there be a separate command to force just the
file-related commands work asynchronously?