Re: CC Mode and electric-pair "problem".

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: CC Mode and electric-pair "problem".
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 09:16:39 +0100

Clément Pit-Claudel <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2018-06-18 18:41, Stephen Leake wrote:
>> For what it's worth, I'm planning on adding "new line terminates string"
>> to ada-mode. As Alan says, that is the way the compiler works. I was
>> initially inspired independently, while working on an error-correcting
>> parser, and found it in cc-mode while looking for ways to implement it.
> Sorry for jumping in a bit late.  Does that mean that after the
> changed an unclosed quote will only cause refontification up to the
> end of the line?  That would be a very nice improvement.  I don't use
> electric-pair-mode, and as things currently stand inserting an

Again, see my reply to Stephen.  This has very little nothing to do with
electric-pair-mode now.  If you use sexp-based navigation,
blink-matching-paren, or show-paren-mode you will see considerable
differences in behaviour.

FWIW I like the non-fontification part, too.  But it comes with a hefty
price.

João