Re: CC Mode and electric-pair "problem".

From: Clément Pit-Claudel
Subject: Re: CC Mode and electric-pair "problem".
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 23:15:27 -0400

On 2018-06-18 18:41, Stephen Leake wrote:
> For what it's worth, I'm planning on adding "new line terminates string"
> to ada-mode. As Alan says, that is the way the compiler works. I was
> initially inspired independently, while working on an error-correcting
> parser, and found it in cc-mode while looking for ways to implement it.

Sorry for jumping in a bit late.  Does that mean that after the changed an
unclosed quote will only cause refontification up to the end of the line?  That
would be a very nice improvement.  I don't use electric-pair-mode, and as
things currently stand inserting an unmatched quote applies
font-lock-string-face to the entire buffer, which is a bit annoying.

Clément.