Re: Message's text-properties in *Messages*

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Message's text-properties in *Messages*
Date: Sun, 27 May 2018 09:36:21 -0500

AB> I'm a relatively recent subscriber to emacs-devel, so please excuse my
AB> being out of the loop; but do you care to elaborate what's the issue with
AB> asking, nicely, for a user-facing option? Of course ideally one would
AB> contribute a patch, but I can't see how that request warrants this tone of
AB> response.

I appreciate the question, Amin. Everyone should feel welcome to express
whatever thoughts he or she may have as to what could benefit Emacs, with the
understanding that the maintainers and contributors are free to disregard any
suggestion they feel is either unwarranted, or not worth adding to the
complexity of Emacs.

I hope everyone will respect the well-meaning intention behind suggestions
such as the one Drew has made, independent of technical content. I understand
how easily frustrations can arise, so I challenge everyone to do what they can
to keep the well-being of our small community foremost in mind when replying.

Thank you,