Re: address@hidden: Lost EPA functionality

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Lost EPA functionality
Date: Sat, 26 May 2018 10:01:05 -0700

Noam Postavsky wrote:
Right, I removed it because it was internal alias used by epa.el, I
didn't expect other packages to be using that instead of
decode-coding-string. Should I put it back as an obsolete alias?

I wouldn't. The two hyphens mean that it was an internal function, so authors of other packages were already warned that it can go away without notice. If we started to worry about supporting external uses of internal functions, why bother to mark functions internal in the first place?