Re: cpio-mode: new version

From: Douglas Lewan
Subject: Re: cpio-mode: new version
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 21:59:28 +0000

Stefan Monnier wrote:
>> Was this email just a "FYI here's my package" notification to other
>> Emacs users/developers? Or was this post a request for inclusion in
>> Emacs or ELPA?
>
> We could add it to GNU ELPA, assuming Douglas is willing to sign the
> corresponding paperwork.

I'm absolutely willing to sign the corresponding paperwork.
However, as I said in my mail responding to Jostein,
I don't think it's anywhere near feature-complete or bug-free and
I'd rather get it to a stable point before giving it to a broader audience.

> IIRC he showed interest in doing that, but when he did the discussion
> was diverted to the topic of archive support in Tramp via gvfs.

Yeah, it's funny how the big problem with free software is that there are often
too many choices.
Well, that's the nature of the beast.

--
,Doug