Re: Encoding of etc/HELLO

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Encoding of etc/HELLO
Date: Sat, 19 May 2018 18:23:35 +0300

> From: Michael Welsh Duggan <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2018 10:58:53 -0400
>
> I would suppose that the usual way to do this (encode glyph variants in
> a Unicode-compatible bytestream) would be to use some form of document
> markup.  In Emacs's case, enriched-mode would seem an ideal candidate
> for this.  RFC-1896 specifically supports private extensions for
> attributes using the "X-" syntax, and enriched.el is small and should be
> simple to modify for this purpose.

Thanks, I used this idea to extend Enriched mode with support of
'charset' properties, and then recoded HELLO in UTF-8 and placed it
under Enriched mode.

Michael (Albinus), your Emoji addition is also in.  I hope I
identified the addition correctly; if not, feel free to fix, and
please make a point of marking the Emoji with the 'unicode' charset,
using the new function in facemenu.el.

Thanks to Handa-san for his advice regarding this feature.